Thursday, May 26, 2005

Uncle A...

To-day I went to a funeral. It was for my ex -husband's uncle. He was 82. While I was not close to A, and had not seen him for a number of years - he had always made me feel part of the family when we met on various occasions. I remember him as a cheerful, easy going, gentle man who warmly shook you by the hand and meant it. He was always concerned for other people's well being, whether it be that you had a cuppa or that life was treating you right. A was always interested in what you were doing and would listen intently, head on one side with twinkling eyes that held yours as you descibed either the latest planting in the garden or some world shattering event.

I liked A - and I wanted to show by my attendance today, some acknowledgement that his life had touched mine...

No comments: