Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day...

Whew!!! And here we are at Sunday... If I thought that the week days flew - the week end seems to be like flash lightening...

We seem to spend all day on the road yesterday - but not going anywhere - just doing the week end grind... We went down to Kew Junction to buy the fruit and veggies at this great green grocer who has the best produce I have ever seen... It is so fresh you can almost see it still growing... Since going to the naturopath and having to make some changes to my diet I have decided that very best quality in what I eat is the way to go... Already, in the last four days I have start to feel a glimmer of my old self and I am cautiously optimistic that this could be the beginning to 'greater things'. But early days yet!!

We had a wander through the Juction and came across an independent bookshop (my other passion) - spent a delightful half hour just browsing... I saw two kids books that I might have to splurge out on and buy - both about dragons. I think I have some subconscious affinity with dragons because although I don't purposely look for dragon bits they seem to find me... Perhaps it might have something to do with me Chinese horoscope - I am a water dragon...

I had a look at my Leanne's House Bom late on Friday night... I 'played' with the first 'mini block' - of the first block... Although all the bits are largely cut out for me I can still choose the placement of them on the block itself... I am a little nervous about starting it though... Next weekend is a busy one - but the following one looks promising - plus if I get to have next week off...

I bought yet another craft magazine,
Country Threads 'special Stitchery' edition... It had some interesting bits and pieces in it - I particularly liked the sewing 'what not' and the quilt titled 'Happy Thoughts'... I have become quite strict with myself in regards to craft magazines and I don't tend to buy them as willy nilly as I did - I thought this issue was good as it had ideas that I thought could be useful in other projects... Or is it now that I am learning to 'see more' - past the original idea to an adaptation of my own...

I think M's mermaid is 'cluttering up' my mind as I promised myself that I wouldn't start anything else until that was finished... Hopefully with all this renewed energy which won't be too far away - I shall get some things done... Even though she (mermaid) is not far away from the 'finish line' I just never seem to find the time to just sit and do... Perhaps half an hour every night this week might see some advances...

Today we are at M & D's for lunch. That will be lovely...

No comments: