Saturday, May 14, 2005

On the road...

We have spent another Saturday 'on the road' so to speak. It seems every Saturday we need to do all these things that require hours of driving but not actually going very far away. Today was no exception. But I must admit today we did nice things as opposed to 'the shopping' etc. First stop was a second hand book sale run by the charity Oxfam. P and I spent some time browsing lots and lots and lots of books - of course, despite promises to Self that I wouldn't buy any I came away with an arm full - and that was just me!!!!! Our next call was to G - Patra's Place' to look at some material that she thought I might be interested in - another arm full later. I could have spent hours looking but we were on a tight time budget so it was a 'first impression' grab, we paused briefly for a coffee which was a nice catch up. Then it was on to our last port of call - a friend, to 'connect her up' to her new comp. That sounds promising doesn't it - like some second grade horror film. Lots of blood and tubes and white coated mad doctors with thinning standing up hair and crazy eye rolling. But it was actually a painless operation which took very little time... Finally home - late-ish afternoon... Now I can look at my 'new stash' - just what I needed - more material and books...

No comments: