Monday, May 23, 2005

I have made a start...

on my BOM - well on the practise block really... I have learnt (in a fashion) to do an appliqued heart... LOL for the amount of time it took me I could have just about flown to Perth!!! However I did enjoy doing it and I achieved a reasonable result and that is that is main thing. I have thrown caution to the wind and I am just using scraps of fabric and not worrying whether they are 'pleasing to the eye' or not... I thought if I kept procastinating I would not get anything done. I was quite proud at my first attempt. P said all the right words this morning when I showed him - even E was impressed. She asked me did I feel peaceful when I was stitching it. There was something pleasing about the whole process - perhaps again it was the whole ritual thing or just the fact that I had finally made a start.

The scanned image is not 'true colour' as the heart is quite a rich red - more like the red in the flower strip on the side. And so onto the next bit...




I have also made inroads into the orange yarn I bought on Friday - I have knitted the entire ball and I am about to start on the next one... The balls are only about 50 grams and the needles are huge - but it is looking good and again I am pleased with the results. I have thought that I would like this scarf to be a long winding around enveloping type. The sort that one can get 'lost' in on a cold day... The beads that I bought look like they are either destined for this scarf or the 'some day box' as they just weren't right for my multi coloured knitting...

No comments: