Friday, May 06, 2005

It's Friday again...

It's Friday again... The days and weeks are flying and with this strange weather we are experiencing it is difficult to believe that it is not only May, but nearly the middle of the year. We even have a tomato plant that has sprung new growth complete with mature flower buds. Tomatoes in June?

I have had a reprieve with work - it has been extended for another week. While the money is great, I had been working myself into a whole stitching day midweek. No rest it seems for the wicked...

My visit to the naturopath this week was certainly an interesting one. At last I seem to have some answers that make sense to my health problems. I had to answer some very comprehensive questions regarding my health background. It is the first time in a very long time that I have felt what I was being told actually made some sense. And it sounds like that I might at last get some relief and some badly need vitality. Yah!!!!!!!!! With this I hope that I will feel like doing more things and this will flow onto other areas of my life...

My first Leanne's House BOM - sits as yet untouched. I have had some ideas that I would like to hand stitch the blocks at least. I think that they would be more portable and I could readily 'pick up' and take them with me. Now all that I need is somewhere to take them - I imagine a stitching retreat would be the go - dream on!!!!!


E has allowed me to put one of her 'little girl' designs on my blogger. I believe that these drawings could possibly make the transition into stitcheries of some kind. I was thinking perhaps basic embroidery stitches with some water colour pencil work for added colour definition. Some thought yet...

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

"Sharlee", that is bad timing by your boss.."Chloe" will be up town next Wednesday and I was hoping you will be able to join us! Perhaps you will anyway...
I love E's cartoon, she is soooo talented. Not sure if that one is really suited to embroidery - more patchwork or applique maybe? Just a thought.
I took my "G for Goanna" out to show a few friends today and it was greatly admired. I have it on a side table in our dining room with another framed embroidery that was a gift a year or so ago...you are in good company!
G.

Sharon said...

Hi there Gina,

I was so disappointed when I got the email from Chloe about next week... Normally I would take the day off but since I am being moved to another section I really can't afford to miss a day - long story and I will tell you about next time I speak to you...

I would agree partly with what you said about E's design - this one is one in about 5 or 6 she has done and I really was only using it as an example... However I was also thinking that a simplified version of this one would look cute... More thinking required though...

I am so glad that you like your Goanna - after I had finished it I had second thoughts about it... But the purpose really was to stitch something from the Allura book for you and he really appealed to me... S