Friday, November 11, 2005

The list maker...

I am reading with interest those of you who are thinking of making a 2006 list re: stitching... Do you think that making a list helps? For me I am not sure that it would... I tend to get a little obsessive with those sorts of things and I end up getting nothing achieved as the deadline draws nearer... Sure I can make a list - but whether I would actually stay with it is quite another thing... Yes - I know that I have said that I am making a list of books that I want to read but that is different in as much that it is sort of a 'reminder' list rather than a 'must complete' list... Perhaps I would rather use a list as what I would LIKE to achieve - rather than what I HAVE to achieve... A subtle difference there...

I think that is why I was/am not very good at diary writing... I immediately feel guilty if I don't fill in all the pages... I am far better off using a blank page and calling it journaling(or blogging) rather than have a state of the art lined and dated diary.... Although in saying that I have promised myself a moleskin journal when I become a little more financial... Whether I would ever actually do anything in it would be another thing - however my heart desires one of these beautifully bound journals... Just having one of these would fill me full of inspiration - I jest!!!!!
Well... you may ask. What are your stitching goals for next year? I am not sure... I would like to stitch 'Blueberry Homecoming' at some stage. I saw this stitched some years ago and it was also my introduction into e-bay... LOL - many, many 'wins' later... But getting back to topic - it would be 'up there' as one of the ones I would like to accomplish... I am reluctantly coming to terms with the fact that I won't stitch all that I have bought - which by some standards - compared to some stashes - very meager indeed... But it seems the ones that I truly want to stitch are some which I original purchased very early on... I think also one's taste changes and I find that some of the things I had 'earmarked' now have me wondering why... Now while this last sentence contradicts the bit before it I know what I mean... Some of the things were 'I would like to stitch you - one day', while the things I want to stitch 'speak' to me and I still have the same responses to them I had all those years ago when I first saw them... Does that make it any clearer? Probably not... For instance I cannot see myself ever stitching 'Portrait of Wisdom' - but I possibly will never part with him as he represented a part of my life - he is like a 'snapshot' of that time... While this peacock design has been a favorite of mine for years and I have had it 'stashed away' ready for me to start...


Why do I like it? I think it is to do with the 'mirror image' and the colours - and of course, it 'spoke' to me... I can see this design would 'lend' itself in other applications of stitching as well... While trying to find this to show you I found another box of stitching magazines -'must keeps' in the wardrobe... I am hopeless!!!!
I also have bought two new books - A&R had their travelling sale tables... I spied with my little eye - 2001+ cross stitch designs - the essential reference book and Cross Stitch Silhouettes.
The first book I have been after for ages... And the second book, well, it just took my fancy... With my staff discount I managed to purchased them both for $13.00... A bargain I believe... Even if it wasn't - another two great books for the collection...
I keep saying "and this will be my last needlework book..." Why doesn't anyone believe me???? P, you believe me don't you????? I can see you smiling!!!!! No, it's out and out belly laughter!!!!!!!! Well, you could at least pretend to believe me...
And of course this thread really told you about my 2006 list making... Now that I have found another box it has just added another few...
Ok all I am off for my pre admission appointment... Catch you later...

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

You sure got a bargain with those books, Shaz - I paid a good deal more for the B H & G book (which is worth its weight in gold), and the silhouettes one...well, you've done it again - got hold of something I have long for ever since I saw it on Amazon last year. Can I see it soon, pretty please? Oh, there is no such thing as "my last needlework book"; take it from someone who knows - as you well know!!!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Thanks G - I was astonished to see the BH&G book... I remember when I borrowed it from the library and then saw it on ebay it always went for a very good price... The other book just took my fancy it has some nice bits and pieces in it...Of course you can look at it!!!!