Thursday, November 24, 2005

And...

Yesterday was such a good day... Since my last post I have been ill with some dreaded virus type thing... I am not sure whether it was in my system before my cancelled op or not - but it certainly made me feel very low and dis-spirited...
But...
In the midst of it all I had an email from L from Chloe's Place to say that she would be out this way yesterday... I was determined I would be well enough to have her at least visit for a while if nothing else... I contacted G from Patra's Place to see if she wanted to come 'play' too... After re arranging her schedule she came too...
Both of them have given accounts of our escapades on their blogs so I won't repeat them just to say I hate to think what we would be like if we had a couple of whole days with no time restrictions and loaded wallets - nothing would be safe... Thanks girls it was just what I needed... I was tired last night but a 'good' tired...
L arrived about mid morning and she was kind enough to bring some of her CQ with her. Here it was in my lounge room 'in the flesh' so to speak - all that beautiful work I had seen only via the internet was draped over my chairs... Plus slung over L's shoulder was her bags of fun challenge - the bag that started a 'world wide epidemic'...
What more can I say??? That I was in total awe would probably come somewhere close to describing it... I looked and looked and looked some more... L had also bought her new completed, soon to be gone 'All That Jazz' -Katrina Quilt Fundraiser Block... More vibrant colours, more dazzle and wonderful stitching... If I sound like a bit of fan - I am... I don't often have the opportunity to sit and pick someone's brains as I did yesterday... L also was kind enough to share her 'work' journal and with the little time I had to flick through it it offered me some fresh perspectives... LOL with that on its own I could have spent the entire day just reading... L - reading your journal did stimulate some interesting ideas which sort of tie in with something else I started quite awhile ago... G joined us and after a quick re cap we 'hit the road' and went to Mooroolbark...
Mooroolbark has some bitter/sweet memories as I spent 20 years there. When I was there is was just on the threshold of its transformation as it is today... I am not sure what I thought of the 'new Mooroolbark' I glimpsed yesterday... We walked through a small park behind the shops - the rose bushes were out in profusion... I last remember them as tiny and reasonably newly planted as I walked my then small daughter to kinder... Some of the shops after 12 years have remained the same - others of course have changed... I have got a feeling that the quilt shop we visited was once the video shop... I would like to go back and spend some more time browsing - espescially at the quilt shop!!!!!
Enough from me... Enjoy your day everyone - hopefully enjoying what you do best...

4 comments:

Anne S said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day out! :) Didn't know Mooroolbark has crafty places ... might have to take a detour over Christmas when I take Mum to visit Frazier's folks at Lilydale ... :))

Suse said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

We all went to Bickleigh Vale Village last month when it was open as part of the Open Garden Scheme. I think it was the first time I'd been out to Mooroolbark.

Unknown said...

Are you still well or just having a rest?

Gina E. said...

Awwww, you've adopted a Bunny Hero! Love your pink Rosie doggie!