Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sunny Days...


This is one of the 'embroidered bits' from Leanne's House BOM... Unfortunately it didn't scan 'true' so the fabric looks like an even weave when actually it is like a calico...

This is actually my 'trial run' quilt... As I have never done anything like this before I decided to use some other material and make the quilt block for block - the plan being that I could try out my skills before actually making the 'real' one if that makes any sense... So the theory being that I would in fact end up with two quilts... My 'trial run' and 'my real one'... LOL - I am confusing myself here...

Has it worked you may ask? What you see here, plus another 1/2 embroidered piece and a needle turn heart is all there is - of the first block - I am now waiting for Block 5... The best laid plans - at least I won't be bored when (if) I ever retire...

As you can see the embroidery is a little rustic - but after worrying myself about it I concluded that when it is a part of the whole quilt, would those stitches be that carefully examined - after all I making it to be used, not as an exhibition piece to be 'turned over' with white gloves...

No comments: