Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday warbles...

I have been known to read a blog or two or three or four - well, I guess you get the general drift. What else does one do when one has a hour or so to kill (or the vacuming, dishes or washing to avoid!!!!) and a hot cup of tea, but blog surf. As I skip from blog to blog I often click onto other blogs which take my interest from sidebars. I enjoy reading about what other peole do both stitching wise and lifewise. In my 'travels' I came across a blog called Stitching Shack What made this blog interesting was that the author lives here in Melbourne. As I read I had the distinct impression that she might have lived on my side of the city at some stage... After leaving her a message I received a very nice email and discovered that she had until very recently lived about a 10 minute walk from me and that she had shopped quite often at the supermarket in which I had worked for 18 months. She now lives in an area not far from where I was living about four years ago. A had even gone to the Embroidery Guild's exhibition which G and I had attended earlier last week... I think what I find a little spooky about all this 'blog travel' is that the person you could pass in the street could be in fact the person whose blog you read or internet group you belong to... A has a wonderful array of stitching to look at and already I have seen a couple of designs which I have 'designs on' - only kidding!!!!

No stitching from me last night - too tired... I did my usual night activity - falling asleep in front of the telly... The weather in Melbourne today is threatening to be thundery and windy... Perhaps a nice day to stay inside and stitch, read or do something cozy...
Yep, I couldn't resist it...

Your Hidden Talent



You are both very knowledgeable and creative.

You tend to be full of new ideas and potential - big potential.

Ideas like yours could change the world, if you build them.

As long as you don't stop working on your dreams, you'll get there.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So Sharlee .... you wandered 'round the blogworld and found yourself right back at the beginning again. How interesting! :-) I do have to ask ..... when you fall asleep in front of the telly are you actually sitting upright, propped up by pillows like a certain someone else I know? {g}

What's my hidden talent? ... I dunno ..... I think that it's still hiding. {g}

I'll leave you with this quote ..... "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - Les Brown

Anne S said...

Thanks for those sweet comments about my stitching! I must say it would have been nice to know a fellow stitcher while I was out 'east' - it would have been less isolated. That's one reason I've been loving blogging - chatting to people about stitching, and sharing their project progress ... I really love to share in others accomplishments - it's uplifting. And I really enjoy reading your blog - it's really well written and interesting :-)