Friday, September 23, 2005

Bustle & Bows...

Good news for all we Melbourne stitchers... Despite the rumours - I have it on very good authority - the store owner - that Bustle & Bows - Surrey Hills - is still very much alive and stitching... The sister store in East Malvern - which was also called Bustle & Bows has been sold and has a new owner and name - The Needle Point but is still trading as before...

They are both beautiful stores which cover a range of stitching needs for the discerning stitcher - I sound like an ad here - Surrey Hills caters for the heirloom stitcher and has an array of wonderfully fine fabrics, silks, ribbons, etc. East Malvern is for the more general stitcher with lots of wonderful 'goodies' to feast the eye on kits, patterns, threads, and stitching needs. When I lived locally to East Malvern I could be found 'feasting' my mind on the many things which it offered. I believe that it is still the same. One thing both shops have in common is the 'up close and personal' customer service - these people know their stitching and can give you helpful and constructive advice on your projects...
I hope both shops prosper for many years to come...

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Ah, that is good news...not that I frequent either shop very often, but it is good to know they are still around and thriving.