Monday, September 26, 2005

Glass Half Full...

To-day is a good day... I am choosing to see 'the glass half full instead of half empty'... Last week was not a good week with my shifts at work a little on the thin side and me feeling low and woe begone... To day I thought about the good aspects in my life and some of my 'hidden treasures'... I think from time to time I do tend to allow those aspects to become 'clouded'... Perhaps I am not the richest woman in the world regarding material possessions and countable wealth - but I have the love of a good man and two wonderful daughters and SIL... I have a solid, respectful and happy relationship with my ex husband... I have some wonderful and diverse friendships which keeps life interesting... All our bills are manageable and we have plentiful food on the table... My job, while it is at the moment unpredictable it is something I have always longed to do and is giving me valuable skills which will 'transition' should I have to do something else. My health well, it is really in my hands to take the bull by the horns and fix what I can... Eat a little better, stress a little less and think of my body as a temple rather than reproach it for getting old... Yes I have 'texture' and not the flawless skin of youth nor the 'elastic' body I used to have - but I have some of the 'treasures' of age. Instead of me looking back and lamenting what I have 'lost' I need to look forward - in all senses of the word... Forward both in direction and in anticipation... To-day is a good day...

Yesterday after my shift at work P and I went out to the mega *Spotlight store in Bayswater... P was as ever patient, as I like a dog which has been let off its lead, ran from one spot to another trying to see it all. I bought some bits and pieces which I have never seen at my local Spotlight store and for the princely sum of $24.00 came away very satisfied with my lot

(*Spotlight is a craft, fabric, homeware and manchester store. The one I am referring to at Bayswater - an outer suburb of Melbourne - is considered a 'mega' store which indeed it is. About 4 times the size to out local store which are quite big on their own.)

After that we cruised past home picked up E and went for a drive ending up in G's - Patra's Place - suburb after buying some afternoon tea we presented ourselves unannouced on she and K's doorstep. What a nice way to end the week-end having a relaxed cuppa with friends. Perhaps this kind of activity could become 'a rule and not an exception'. Home again to one of P wonderful curries for tea - I felt blessed...

2 comments:

Anne S said...

Isn't it funny, I drove to work this morning doing the same as you ... I took the time to smile as I was driving, and think to myself, 'look at those beautiful blossoms coming out on the trees, isn't that beautiful?' - Melbourne really is a pretty place to live! I used to drive down Mont Albert Rd to/from work, and it always took my breath away. Anyway, like you, today we seem to have made a pact ... "don't let the ***** get you down!". BTW your mermaid is really sweet - who is the designer? Hope you don't mind, but I've added your blog to my list - I'd like to keep reading regularly :-)

Gina E. said...

Sharlee, you are sounding very positive this week - I am very pleased for you. I know you still have that operation to go through, but otherwise, things seem to be sailing along smoothly now. Stay happy!