Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday...

I have been busy over the last couple of days... Firstly there was the bookshelf to reorganise and while most of it is done there are still some loose ends. Everyone who has seen it so far has been most impressed - and all for nothing - which I think is the most impressive part!!!!

Yesterday I took the plunge and pierced my blocks for sharonb's class. I have still a little to go to complete it then I will photograph it. My thoughts on it so far - this could become quite an obsession!!! Looking at it whole there would be things I might do differently next time - however being my first block I am happy with it. I am now looking forward to the 'next bit' I have already been 'trialing' bits to see what they are going to look like. I perhaps feel like when I used to do decorative painting - the first coat of paint or first sketches were great to do but I used to love doing the fiddly bits - the painted embellishments. This was when my painting would take on a life - a personality, so to speak. This was when I could really hear 'the voice' of what I was painting. I felt like I was in this intuitive space where it seemed effortless and the painting evolved through my brush. Mind you in this space was also where time didn't exsist and the hours would 'wing' by. A very similiar thing happened when I was stitching M's piece - remember when I said I had a 'talking button' - well, it was almost as though that button dictated the rest of the piece. Ok, ok , ok - enough - otherwise I will end up in a backto front dressing down and being taken away... I can only put it down to having an over active imagination...

I went for a job interview on Tuesday. I am well aware that I won't be offered the job as they wanted someone to start next week. While I am disappointed in one way I am confident that something else will turn up once my op is behind me.

M rang last night from Spain. She and D are having a wonderful time - doing what one does best on holidays. It doesn't stop me missing her though...

Well I am off to finish my block and do some more housework type activities before I start work. Gee I wish I could win Tattslotto...

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

When I win, I will share, okay? (How's that for positive thinking?)