Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sunday - a day of rest...

My 'baggie' arrived through the week. It came as part of me joining the southerncrosscrazies group. I had been alerted that it would be coming but had no idea what to expect - although I had seen various discussion threads about 'baggies' - they were a mystery to me... I gleaned from my reading of course that what ever a 'baggie' was it was contained in a bag - but I had no idea what (i) a baggie contained, (ii) what I was meant to do with it, (iii) what purpose did it serve.

Well I was like a kid at Christmas when I discovered my baggie in the post on Tuesday. I opened it carefully savouring the moment - This is what I discovered - 5 pieces different coloured and textured 'after five' fabrics, roughly 6" x 6" square, 1 crocheted dollie, 4 wound cardboard bobbins of thread which were all different colours and textures, 1 piece of satin ribbon which has a embossed floral pattern, 2 pieces of metallic type thread - 1 being a piece of gold ric-rac, a little bag of 'jewels' which contained different types of buttons and some glittery bits. In another small bag there was a beautiful piece of multi coloured tatting( I think) and last but certainly not least a bag containing a piece of waste fabric, threads and pattern...

Who ever thought up this idea - it is a wonderful one!!!!! And it certainly bought a lot of pleasure to this person - LOL - more ideas!!!!!! Now that is dangerous!!!!!

Another subject - You know how there is one piece of (usually very well worn ) clothing that you can't bear to part with - well I have had one surface from the back of the wardrobe recently and interestingly enough one that has got me thinking. It is a about 12 year old soft denim blue vest which I have worn to about an inch of its life - it has three ladybird 'iron ons' because unfortunately it suffered spots of bleach and I needed something large enough to hide the spots. As I looked at this 'long lost friend' I 'saw' the lady birds with beaded black spots and flying over a garden. You may laugh dear friend, but I thought it doesn't matter if this is less than perfect because its old and will probably never see the light of day and I can play to my hearts content. So I am going to give it an 'upgrade'. Stay tuned... Perhaps this is what I have needed - a starting block - which in some ways is already started!!!! While I know it isn't 'crazy' - it will be fun... In my mind's eye I can 'see' a small child's drawing - out of proportion, very colourful and happy!!!!! It makes me smile thinking about it...

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Hello stranger! I thought you must have deserted your blog, I kept checking it after April 3 to see what you are up to, but there were no new posts until today! I have put a few more on mine, now that I am figuring out how it works. I have only just found out what my URL is, so now I can post comments on other people's blogs when they require my URL. You are right about blogs, there is some fantastic stuff out there. I have only looked through a fraction of the needlecraft and stitching blogs and wanted to comment on each one! I was up until 3.45 am this morning...just as well we had a quiet day with nothing planned, so I was able to sleep in a bit.
Sounds like you are getting right into quilting and patchwork...I dare not, not while I have so much other stuff. But you have too, so I guess it is not a reasonable excuse for me either!
Gina

sharonb said...

Pleased you liked your baggie they are great fun I think it was Linda who thought up the idea to welcome new members to the list with a baggie - and needless to say it has been a huge success.

Sharon said...

Gina - Hello... Thanks for dropping by... I am afriad like my crafting, blogging gets resigned to the weekends... I am too tired at the end of the day to do anything but sit!!!! I worked overtime all day Saturday, which left me just a little time to dream and that is about it... I have had these wonderful ideas but alas no time to execute them... In my next life perhaps...Hmmm... E bought me two quilting magazines and apparently I went to sleep on Saturday night with one of them clasped to my breast... Peter said he had to prise my fingers from around it... I would just love a day doing absolutely nothing - well perhaps some stitching... I feel like I am missing out BIG TIME!!!! Keep watching & reading I am bound to do something soon... I have been 'keeping an eye on' your blog too... Blogging - a whole new universe isn't it... I read a disturbing one though - it sounded like a suiside note from a young guy - made me feel quite uncomfortable... I hoped like anything he was just letting off steam but something about it made me doubt it...Blogs are a double edged sword in some ways - just as we want a peek into people's lives sometimes we get more than we bargained for...
My love to you and yours


sharonb - thanks for your message... I just loved my baggie... I did leave a mesage on site to say I had received it and thank you... On closer inspection at the weekend I discover a piece of paper with the name and email addy of the person who put it together... What is the protocol? Am I allowed to email her and personally thank her as I was really thrilled... My first foray into the edges of crazy quilting...

And...

Do you ever go to bed? Some of your blogs are written extremely early... You must have an inexhaustible energy supply...

I have told so many people about your blog. I have even suggested that my great niece who is doing Yr 12 Art should have a look because of its content and great links... Keep up the great work...Take care now...