Sunday, April 03, 2005

Flying Geese ~ a work in progress...

I have thought a lot about 'my start'... I actually thought I would take my own advice about letting the image 'speak' to me... I asked 'the questions'- what was I wanting to achieve? What did the image mean for me? Was I going to recreate or interpret it?

Once I had asked the questions and cleared a space the ideas started to filter in - I saw the correlation between my own creative journey and the flying geese image - both suggested to me of 'returning'...

Next I though about suitable fabric or rather lack of it - again - I rememberd some sample fabric swatches I had been given about 15 years ago... One piece in particular 'suggested' points like a compass - showing direction. Another piece had tiny tri-angles printed on it, reminding me of the flying geese quilt block - so now I have flying geese and 'flying geese' - even as I write this ideas whirl through my head... Time for pencil and paper me thinks... And I am sure the rest will present once I make the first step...

Given that my skills are less than basic I have to be careful not to convince myself out of even making a start... A very conditioned response 'learnt' from a young age...

sharonb piece this morning about saving things really hit a note with me and has made me quite reflective about how much I have 'saved' for that special occassion... Hmmm...

1 comment:

Melody Johnson said...

I am commenting on the comment that you left on Gabrielle Swain's site. It was so exquistely written and touched me deeply. I believe you will find yourself in a very creative place and I know you will find that fullfillment you need. Factors that prevent our self expression are all around and it takes courage to defy them and risk being artistic. Best Wishes to you,
Melody Johnson