Sunday, June 12, 2005

3 am...

...saw me stitching. I was determined to do more to my 'practice' piece of Leannne's House BOM. The back stitch is 'very rustic' - but the french knots have me beaten. A few months ago I stitched something else which required quite a few french knots and they were no trouble to do but this morning I just couldn't quite get the hang of them. Then again considering it was 3 am perhaps that may have had something to do with it. I will give them another go this afternoon. I am wanting to get this next bit finished so I can assemble the block. Just as well as P is as easy going as he is - I have bits spread all over the dining room. He just looks and suggests that the room is 'lived in'. Yep, that certainly can't be argued with...

A blast from the past. I happen to see someone I haven't seen for quite a number of years. She was on the telly being interviewed about her field of work. It left me feeling a little odd and quite reflective. Seeing her, took me back to those heady times when the world was a place ready to be discovered. I was so full of 'intention' in those days that I was 'overflowing'. What happened? Perhaps we just took different forks in the road...

Back to the french knots...



1 comment:

Nia said...

About French knots - I hear you!

I would much rather use beads in place of them - they frustrate the heck out me!

My goal is to someday learn how to do them well, and NOT be scared of them.

I admire your resolve.....keep it up!

Tannia