Monday, January 01, 2007

Hey there Doll face...

Just to show progress... I have added a little more embroidery to the trouser section... And of course I have made a start to develop the face... At the moment she seems to have rather a startled look but I hope to soften it with a little more play... I want to add more shaded definition but think I shall wait until I have assembled her... I have hand stitched her features as I wanted to achieve a 'folksey' handmade feel... I am not sure about the stitching around her headscarf - my intention was to go back and add french knots above the blanket stitch... I also want to somehow alter the line of her scarf to break that solid line - either that or add something to the points of the 'pinked' line - perhaps beads might do it... Buttons or stitching to her shoes should complte that She also has another arm and hopefully next weekend will see the whole thing coming together...

Before I forget - Happy New Year to you all... May it be a safe and prosperous one for each and every one...

No comments: