Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Christmas cake...

...has made it to the oven... As I sit and write this I am smug in the knowledge that the cake is a 'happening thing'... Again the house will have that delicious smell wafting through it...

Funnily enough I am not a big eater of Christmas cake but I do enjoy the smells associated with the preparing and cooking of it... Again much the same as the pudding - I look forward to the first piece and then I save a piece for Boxing Day then I am done for another year...

Boxing Day has always been my day... I figure if the hoards can't find their own fodder on that day then they starve... I wake up on Boxing Day - greeting the day with a smile - knowing that it is all over for another year. I then settle down with my new book - a treat for myself- and let the day unwind as it does... A curl up on the bed and little read, perhaps a stroll around the block, a little nibble... Maybe a watch of a movie... Nothing too strenuous mind... Yep, Box Day is ALL mine and I love it!!!!! If people drop in - it is at their own risk and it is a very casual affair...

I have never been one to go to the Boxing Day sales - not the kinda sport I am in to - although my eldest daughter loves them - I do sometimes wonder where she came from... Perhaps genes from my mother - who could see the 'bargain' in anything... Me - if given a choice - I go as far from the maddening crowd as possible...

This year may be a little different though as I am in retail - not sure if I am working or not...

This weekend the Christmas tree will go up and the house will transform... We are late this year as normally P has it all in hand... P loves Christmas - the whole putting the tree up and decorating the house thing... He gets a smile which he can't contain- I only know one other bloke who enjoys Christmas like he does - my friend in Perth... J is like a dog with two tails come the first of Dec. This year will be extra special as there is now the first grand child on the scene... There is lots of love in J & P's house - one feels it as you walk through the front door... What ever they have they share with you - their home is your home for as long as you are there... Every time I have to leave after a visit I cry at the airport - then P (friend) starts as well... We are hopeless...

I have made some decisions regarding my stitching for next year... Two things I have wanted to stitch for ages are in my 'to do' basket... I have also found a band sampler in a magazine which I already had - I would also love to have a go at stitching it...





I thought that I would 'kit them up' so that they will ready to go... Dream on S - dream on!!!! I have already made one New Year resolution - that I will stitch more next year... Unfortunately my reading list is also growing... My two loves...
It is starting to SMELL a lot like Christmas...

Ok- time for me to 'go and grow ' and turn into the Christmas fairy... Have a good day and I hope what ever you are doing or planning to do turns out just as you want it to...Stay safe, well and calm over these next hectic days... And if you plan to have a drink - please don't drive - take a taxi - stay with a friend -but just don't drive!!!!!

No comments: