Saturday, January 07, 2012

...and welcome to you too..

My apologies to anyone who may be still swinging past this blog - I have been very neglectful... 2011 was a year which I am glad to see disappearing into the distance - but in saying that - it is one I won't forget in a hurry... But now it is time to move on and get on with the business of life in 2012...

One thing that I managed to maintain throughout the chaos of 2011 was my reading - I was pleasantly surprised to see that I have read 35 books in total... Not a huge amount for some people but quite a few for me. I tend to have two books on the go most of the time... My bus book which is self explanatory and a bedside book, again self explanatory... Usually one is a kid's or young adult novel and the other is what ever else takes my fancy... At the moment I have so many new books calling my name it is a wonder I am not deafened by the noise...

This year I will try to do a bit more of a review on the ones that stand out... You will notice in my side bar under READ 2011 there is an asterisk against the ones that really made an impact on me one way or another... But again only my personal opinion...

One of my very favorites and one not mentioned in my sidebar was a kid's picture book called Flotsam by David Wiesner. I discovered Flotsam while I was shelving some books in the book shop where I work. I was immediately captivated by the illustrations and the largely no text format... It was one of those books that the more you look at it the more you see... Of course I just had to add it to my pile... I keep it in my sewing room and look at it often... Flotsam continually offers me inspiration so much so I hope to utilize it as as starting point when I come to make one of my crazy quilt blocks for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012 - the block - needless to say - will have an underwater theme.  If you happen to come across Flotsam do your self a favor and take the time to have a look at it- you won't be disappointed... Meanwhile, watch the youtube sweetener...


Until later, take care

Sharon x x

No comments: