Sunday, December 12, 2010

...it's starting...

... to feel like Christmas... Every year it seems to take me longer and longer to get into the spirit of things... I don't know why it is perhaps because I work in retail and we always seem to be way ahead... At the moment I am being shown books for Easter and Mother's Day by the reps... No wonder I always feel a little confused at to what part of the year I'm in... At the moment I can hardly wait until it is over and I can get down to the job of just being slothful for a few days and catching my breath... I can feel the end coming to my bookselling days and I wonder what Life has in store for me next... I wish I could just stay at home for a little while and 'play house'... But unless I win lotto that is not likely to happen any time soon...

But I digress...

Today I got the Chrsitmas pudding made - a new recipe and a new slow cooker so I am crossing my fingers that all is well and by the morning I shall have a great tasting pudding... I had priced some - puddings that is - and I was very tempted to just buy one but in some mad way I feel like I am 'letting the side down' by not making one. P is going to make his special vanilla icecream and I was thinking about an old recipe of a chocolate mousse I used to make... We are thinking just simple home cooked roast chickens with perhaps some ham and roast veggies or a salad if it is warm...

We are aiming at a simple Christmas this year - just enough food with a little left over for Boxing Day and a present under the tree (or in the absense of it - in the space where it should be) for every one to feel that they have been thought of...

What do I want this year... I can't actually think of anything... I have enough books and needlework to keep me well and truely occupied for a very long time and there isn't anything I actually need...

I know I am making it hard for P and E as to suggestions on what they might get me but I am wracking my brain to think of anything at the moment... I am hoping inspiration will hit me soon...

I am not one for buying DVDs once I have seen something that is enough... However yesterday I sat for probably close to four hours totally enthralled watching the first couple of discs in the series the House of Eliott... I absolutely loved it - apparently made about 16 years ago - it had a huge following - I can understand why it is well put together and for anyone interested in that era it makes for compelling watching... Worth a look if you haven't seen it...

Well, time for me to head off to bed before it starts all over again tomorrow...

** P and I had a laugh earlier on - we have just managed to start the last block of chocolate we received last Christmas - the space in the fridge is clear - just in time for a refill!!!!

Sharon x

No comments: