Sunday, November 14, 2010

again a new beginning...

...after a couple of false starts I am ready to try again... My plan is to start with one post a week and slowly build on it... I realise that I have been missing in action for quite awhile now and what with one thing and another life here has been interesting to say the least...

2010 has flitted past like a dragonfly and moments of stillness for reflection have been few and far between... P and my trip to Tasmania was so far the highlight of this year we just loved it... We have tentatively made plans to go back again in 2011... But as P says "As you make plans God laughs.." So whether we actually get back there remains to be seen...

As I look back from this point in the year I think for a moment of L who lost her fight with ovarian cancer - her death having a far greater an impact on me than I care to admit...The continual loss I feel for a friend. One never realises just how precious relationships are until they are threatened or broken. Family conflict too has been another major bump in the road with resolutions for recovery still far from resolved. My health has been questionable this year with me just not feeling myself at all... I am unsure where this particular road is leading. Now watching my brother-in-law facing a life or death struggle, one wonders what Life is indeed about. Work life for me has been one of constant upheaval as the particular industry I am in is under constant battery... I wonder if in fact I shall have employment this time next year...

As of my birthday in September I have entered a Year One in numerology terms... Year Ones are a time of new beginnings - starting out - new projects etc... I have been known to do quite extraordinary things in these phases of my life... But so far nothing has indicated that Life will go on any other way than the way it has... While I don't live my life by the numbers I have an open mind to their relationship with us... I do believe ther is more on offer than we tend to see or believe.

Later on today I am trying something new - a workshop on the Introduction to Botanical Art... It has been something which has always 'sparked my imagination' so to speak and E gave me the workshop as a present last birthday. I am a little nervous about it but I keep reminding myself that it will be good to try something new... I feel like a little kid with my new pencils and paints and a fresh new sketch book..

Well time to head off to bed... Until later...

S x

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

I am so pleased to see you back in Blog land, and making use of your new(ish) camera. Lovely rose photos, especially with the rain on them. It sure has been a not-very-happy year for you in many ways, but it's nearly over. Your Year One sounds promising.
I'm looking forward to the one post a week, but don't stress yourself out over it! Perhaps next week you could post some photos of what you did in the Botanical art class?

Sharon said...

Thanks G - loved the Botanical class - I am pretty sure I am going to do it again.. There is so much to learn and so little time...

Yes I took photos - hope to have them ready soon...