Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last day...

... of my holidays today... A couple of days ago when we went up to Yea we stopped for coffee and cake... P and I both had what the cafe called bloodplum sponge slice...


Today I made my own version - perhaps not as classy looking as theirs - but tasted pretty damn good according to P - remembering I haven't got a sense of taste - I have to go by what he tells me - but then again he might be biased...



And of course an updated photo of the 'new addition' - known as - Matilda -or 'Tilda or Tilly or 'that damn cat - just wait until...' She has grown, well, like a kitten does - she is longer in the body and has quite long legs and of the last couple of weeks has learnt to put her ears back if something doesn't please her and swish her tail - to her own astonishment (and our amusement) when she chases it round and round... She can now leap most things at a single bound as she gets stronger and stronger... Her most endearing quality is her purr which is still much bigger than she is - although we have come to dread hearing it when we are lying in bed in the morning - as it usual means 'I'm WIDE awake and up for a play - coming ready or not' - she pounces on protruding body parts - fingers and toes being the most at risk - especially when you are half awake. I said to P the other morning as we heard her coming - her purr is like the music from the film Jaws - making you aware that danger is lurking and ready to strike...


The world is her plaything and she takes full advantage of it. While she hasn't lessened the pain of us losing our beloved Edith - our hearts are learning how to love again...

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Sharon!!! You've been busy in my absence from the blog scene! It is 2 am and I really need to get to bed, otherwise I would have posted a comment on all of your posts....suffice to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading them and seeing the photos - lots to discuss next time we catch up!!