Sunday, September 07, 2008

What a week!!!!!

This last week has been a mixed bag of events -

  • The start of the week have a work colleague announce that he was leaving - like right away - the boss had left for a month off so we were already one person down and had Father Day approaching at a rapid rate - a busy day in the book trade - less people to cover more shifts.
  • I then 'drowned' my phone - which I was three months from owning outright - it is now deceased.
  • My elderly father announces he is not only selling his house but he is contemplating marriage - he is in his 90's.
  • Discovered that the pain I have been experiencing could be a cracked rib from all the coughing I have done in the last few weeks.
  • And to top it all off I worked a six day week.

I am feeling mentally and physically done - it is my birthday in a couple of weeks and I feel like I am older than my father - everything is an ask - even blogging...

But I shall persevere...

2 comments:

MrsG said...

Oh my goodness it sounds like your having a more "exciting" time than I am!!!! I find that soothing music, meditation and copious amounts of chocolate help a great deal!!! hope it all calms down for you soon.

Gina E. said...

Awww, Possum - I feel bad for not coming over on Friday to offer my shoulder...will next week be okay? I've done some bits of stitching for your perusal and approval (read suggestions for improvement!!)
How about I take you out for a little birthday lunch before I drop you at work?