Sunday, July 20, 2008

Only Time...

I came across Enya's 'Only Time' in my blog travels - I had forgotten how beautiful it was... It certainly took me by the hand for a stroll down memory lane...

I have found that music is the most evocative way of recalling a time, a place, an event, or even a person - either another or yourself as you were then..

My first recollection of Enya was 'Orionoco Flow' which I just loved - both the music and lyrics. From there I think I collected just about all her albums and each one holds a special memory for me...

Years ago - in another life, in this life time - I remember when I was in the creating zone I would put one of her albums on and allow the music to wash over me it seemed to unlock that part of myself that needed to be expressed at that time. Her music never failed to inspire me. Enya's work has always given me a sense of adventure -but also a sense of peace...

It has been a while since I have either listened to Enya or used her music as part of a creating tool - perhaps when I have more time I might have another go...

** Speaking of time - I have been offered extra hours at work - unfortunately I have had to let go my Thursdays off to accomodate them...

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Oh, NO!!! What a bummer. Still, when the opportunity arise to earn a few more dollars, it's a good thing to take advantage. I guess this means you won't be going to the Q & C show on Thursday. What about Saturday? I'll be there with my two friends (we going in their car), but we're all going in different directions during the day, and will probably just meet up for lunch or coffee! I plan on doing the Intro. to CQ workshop at noon, and have a few other things I hope to check out while I'm there, so if you are, we can catch up via our phones hopefully!